Thursday, June 29, 2006

I lost all my feeds on google homepage

I was using googles personalized homepage to add and read my newsfeeds, it was pretty good for that until one day I logged onto to it and all my feeds had disappeared, I had hundreds of them and half of them weren't bookmarked. I looked around the net for awhile looking for a solution to fixing this problem bit none of it helped.

I can spend ages searching for a solution to a problem but thought to myself "screw this I'm going to start over". I was using fireant before google but found that a little to clunky, it was good for downloading videos from the feeds though. So I looked around, downloaded a few, tried a few online feed managers. Most of them didn't have the feel I was looking for, some didn't work and some were unusable.

Bloglines came up a lot seems to very good for the online option but I wanted something a little more offline like.
I've settled for a firefox extension called Sage, mainly because it was easy to install, setup and have had no problems with it so far, I didn't want to manually look for each of my feeds that I lost with google homepage so I headed over to bloglines downloaded a few OPMLs with similar topics as mine, imported them into Sage and now I've gotten back what I lost plus more, many more.

I've just recently started using firefox and can't believe how much time it has saved me.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,

15 comments:

PMI Certifications said...

What sucks about Google is that most of their properties have prolonged "beta" period, which means they can't take any claim for blunders a user may face. Anyways its better to transfer to browser based feeds, at least there's someone you can place a blame at.

Testking SY0-101 said...

Most of them didn't have the feel I was looking for, some didn't work and some were unusable.

FHA Mortgage said...

Its always good to get useful information like you share for blog posting. thanks for the info.

teaser trailer said...

Such a very valuable information. Thanks for this excellent read.

Baton said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in composing this article. thanks for sharing the great information.

Cotton Yarn said...

Very knowledgeable reading. This is such a great resource that you are providing.

Military Boots said...

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.
I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.

New and Latest SMS said...

Pretty good post.I found your website perfect for my needs. thanks for sharing the great ideas.

Emarketing Newcastle said...

This is a great post. I am very thankful to see this site . such a very good information.

beekeeper supplies said...

Good points in your post, you have a great blog here. Thanks for this information.

headstones for graves said...

I truly enjoyed this. It has been extremely informative as well as useful.thanks for sharing the information.

Fort McPherson said...

Great Blog. I really enjoyed reading it and i am looking forward for more posts. thanks for sharing this information.

automated service desk health check said...

That is a pretty interesting. Thanks for the info. such a very great post.

CU Harrisburg said...

Yeah Its really very great and informative post. thanks for sharing it....

Eid sms messages said...

What sucks about Google is that most of their properties have prolonged "beta" period, which means they can't take any claim for blunders a user may face