Tuesday, July 11, 2006

How to use MySpace to promote your site

I've been trying to use MySpace to promote some of my blogs for awhile now, trying to find a guide has been kind of hard as well, most of the time they contain helpful tips but nothing definite.

I thought I would write a guide about how I use Myspace to promote my blogs.

First off friends, you need a butt load of friends. The main ways I add friends is to go to groups with a similar theme to the sites that I want to promote, I then go to their members list and start adding people, some will accept some will deny, this way is very slow and time consuming. You can also search for people with similar interests, this is time consuming as well.

Another way is to join Myspace Whore Trains, google "Myspace trains" or "Myspace whoretrains" and join a few, you can add the people on the trains to your friends list and repost the bulletins but I don't do that now I just join the trains and let people add me it seems to work well this way, a lot faster and I can join 4 times more trains than I used to. The friends you add from whore trains will probably send out bulletins to join trains this will introduce you to more trains, some trains work better than others so It's good to test them out to find the good ones. One thing with train friends is they are more spammy than non train friends, try and keep a balance between targeted friends and train friends.

Here's a couple places to check out:
friendfleet.com This isn't really a whore train but it serves up people to add easily, it also has a points system.
msfan.com You can easily join loads of trains here fast.

Joining groups and participating in them is a good way to get friend requests also.

I've also heard of programs that claim to automate the friend adding process but I haven't used any software, I've heard of accounts being hacked, wiped, banned so it's best to use your own judgment.

I find trying to get friends very boring so I usually spend about 15 minutes every now and then doing the above this usually yields me 100 to 150 friends, I've read somewhere that Myspace has a cap on how many friends can be added in a day, so it's probably best to take your time.

Promotion:

The ways I use Myspace to promote is to send out bulletins to my friends, I promote single posts from my blogs that are geared towards things Myspace users would find useful like Myspace templates, codes etc. I also send out bulletins with codes with my banner in them and say something like "add this cool button to your Myspace page". I do the same in group bulletin boards, but these bulletins are geared more towards the niche I'm targeting e.g Fishing blog find fishing groups to post in.

Whenever I leave a comment on someone's Myspace page I put my banner in the post, like a signature on a forum, Leaving comments can also leave you open to more friend requests.

The easiest and fastest out of the above is to send bulletins out to the friends list but for this to be worth the hassle your going to need loads of friends, so it's back to the beginning.

Creating a good profile page is needed to, fill out all the information fields and place links and banners to the site you want to promote.

One bulletin post to a thousand friends gets one of my blogs 50 to 100 hits, keep working at it and the hit count can only get bigger.

summary:

Adding friends
  • Get lots of friends-Manually add friends geared towards your niches.
  • Join whoretrains but don't over do it, keep a good balance.
  • Participate in groups and leave comments with your friends.
Promotion
  • Send bulletins out to your friends.
  • Leave bulletins in groups targeted to your niche.
  • Comment on your friends pages with a banner or link as a signature.
  • Participate in groups targeted to your niche.
  • Have a good filled out profile page with links and banners to your sites.
  • And just plain take part in the community.
This is what I know that works for me, there's probably loads more that can be done but I have no idea what those could be.

I hope this is helpful, the one most important thing out of this is to make sure you participate in the community, this will generate word of mouth, recommendations and passing along of your profile, links and presence.


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

I joined myspace recently because google has its fingers in it. But after looking I really can't see the benefit it seems to be more of a personal blog entry site.

Erwin said...

Clip, great post - I didn't know about the whore trains, and I just wrote a MySpace promotion guide myself.

My guide is targeted at 'spacer rookies, although some veterans may still learn a thing or two :)

Check out the "10 Ways To Use MySpace as a Promotional Tool" article here:

http://austinmash.com/blog/10-ways-to-use-myspace-as-a-promotional-tool/

Thanks for writing your guide!

Erwin

Anonymous said...

I'll do that right now. Thank you

http://www.skillipedia.com

Ron Jones said...

Hello,
Cool post indeed. Myspace has become a great platform for promoting and marketing goods and services. Major WEB 2.0 sites like flickr, photobucket, imageshack etc are capitalizing on the mammoth traffic that MySpace generates. A lot of other sites that provide MySpace layouts, codes and other widgets are also thriving by Feeding the myspace beast
Much to my surprise I found that Ecard giant 123Greetings.com has also incorporated MySpace widgets into their ecards.

Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Anonymous said...

http://chattersworld.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Howdy,
I just signed up with myspace to promote a new website I've created -
Affordable Disney Vacations

Although I know a lot about SEO/SEM I know absolutely nothing about myspace. I've read a few posts at webmaster world that social networking sites like facebook & myspace can be very useful, but wouldn't go into much detail. I appreciate your investigation and the post.
Have a good one.
Tyler

Noelevz said...

thanks for the information. I'll try this to promote my blog, hope I get more hits.Again, thanks for a very informative blog!

HughJahsoul said...

There are much easier ways to generate the kind of blog traffic you're talking about. MySpace is best used for branding and not direct traffic generation.

Paul Krenz said...

Hi Clip! :-)

lol.. "whoretrains".. that is a catchy name. Unfortunately, I have to pay to use it though, or am I wrong? Well, I'm new to blogging and just love to write about health issues.

Promoting Health and Wellness

Why not get paid for publishing quality content? :-) I think if it's quality content, that's what matters most and will generate the most traffic, sooner or later.

Paul

Anonymous said...

thanks bro for telling this i was becoming mad how should i promote how....but from ur thred i will promote write now...

http://onlytp.blogspot.com/ this is my blog which i want to promote in myspace

Anonymous said...

www.myspace.com/officialscorpioondeck

job hunt said...

Nice Effort,
keep it up
Aims at helping the Fresh Graduates, Engineers, MBAs to get
jobs in good companies.Try to find there career openings in top
companies.Search naukri by location.Tips for finding there
job.And free job advertising for employers.

http://job-game.blogspot.com

nice guy said...

Thanks for the post! However, I've heard that this isn't a very effective way of promotion, but I'd might give it a shot anyway.

achando.net said...

I'll try this to promote my web directory using your tips. Although I have some experience about SEO, I know absolutely nothing about myspace.

Thanks for the information. Very good.

Leonardo said...

What do you think is the necessary time to promote my business using your tips? and how much time do i have to dedicate to this per day?

Anonymous said...

hey want web traffic here your chanse www.submitweburl.blogspot.com

PMI Certifications said...

Nice tips but I think Facebook has taken a handsome lead over MySpace and has become immense.

Pm0n3y617 said...

HEY IM Pm0n3y A GRAPHICS DESIGNER FROM BOSTON....

IF U NEED I CAN HOOK U UP WITH A NICE LAYOUT IN ANY CATEGORY ("GIRLY-SKATE-GRAFFITI-ROCK-PUNK") IF U WANT, TO GET YOU STARTED!

http://www.myspace.com/pm0n3y617

I ALSO DO WEB DESIGN

Kaine said...

My Space: Tila Tequila Profile PageYou people probably won't even be able to read this because my page is so .... I'm Not Gonna Be Like Most Andd Say I Love You, Or Ask For Photo Comments. ...
www.myspace.com/TilaTequila - 129k - Cached - Similar pages


Katy Perry: (805) 754-2138 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s ...Get Katy Perry Stuff for Your Page! .... "Hot N Cold" is Top 5 in both sales and airplay as well as the 2 most viewed video premiere of all time on MySpace, ...
www.myspace.com/katyperry - Similar pages
More results from www.myspace.com »


MySpace.com - KAYO MARBILUS - 99 - Male - Canberra, Sydney, AU ...MySpace profile for KAYO MARBILUS with pictures, videos, personal blog, interests, information about me and more.
www.myspace.com/kayo_marbilus - 136k - Cached - Similar pages



MySpace.com - KAYO MARBILUS - 99 - Male - Canberra, Sydney, AU ...MySpace profile for KAYO MARBILUS with pictures, videos, personal blog, interests, information about me and more.
www.myspace.com/kayo_marbilus - 136k - Cached - Similar pages

Natarajaprabhu said...

Hi Friends,
There are lot of career openings in India. Just Post your resume and get your dream jobs very soon. All the Best for your future.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

resimler

thanks for this article..

cleondann said...

The blog is looking helpful. But, i have tried to make an account in my space but each time i tried to log in, it fails to logged me into my account.
I want to promote my Investing in UK business locations.

John said...

http://mahen3d.com provide innovative solutions for all your business needs, ecommerce web site design, flash website design, website templates, accessible web site design sydney. Mahen3D.com, has been selected to receive The American Association Of Webmasters, "Gold" Award.

VCP Certification said...

I do the same in group bulletin boards, but these bulletins are geared more towards the niche I'm targeting e.g Fishing blog find fishing groups to post in.

Home Buying Process said...

Thanks for sharing the information. I found the information very helpful. i really like this post.

teaser trailer said...

its really very great and informative post. thanks for sharing the information.

Crossbow said...

Its always good to get useful information like you share for blog posting. thanks for the info.

Cotton Yarn said...

Such a very valuable information. Thanks for this excellent read.

Military Boots said...

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.
I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.

New and Latest SMS said...

Pretty good post.I found your website perfect for my needs. thanks for sharing the great ideas.

Emarketing Newcastle upon tyne said...

Great post! I enjoy your blog posts.Thanks for posting this informative article. i like this post.

beekeeper supplies said...

That is a pretty interesting. Thanks for the info. such a very great post.

monuments gravestones said...

Good points in your post, you have a great blog here. Thanks for this information.

Fayetteville, NC said...

I truly enjoyed this. It has been extremely informative as well as useful.thanks for sharing the information.

service desk management said...

Great Blog. I really enjoyed reading it and i am looking forward for more posts. thanks for sharing this information.

CU Harrisburg said...

Thanks for sharing the great information. such a very good article.