Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Keep focused and be part of your nich

I'm a little drunk right now, so what I may say might be utter bull.

Since I started blogging about a year ago I've read so many guides about how to be a better blogger, how to get more traffic, how to earn more and so on, to be honest they mostly say the same things over and over again.

What I've found to work best for me is to write very often and to keep to the topic on my blogs. I created a blog that I wasn't going to post to much but when I did post I noticed my visits seemed to grow about 10% each time, I thought to my self "hey I put a lot of effort into the blogs I like writing for but my readership doesn't seem to grow". What I found was that this particular blog was dealing with a very focused topic and that I had 1 main topic for each of my posts instead of having 3 or 4 topics per post with my other blogs.

I also found a few spots where I could promote these post very easily, these spots won't work for everyone they deal with the nich it's in. The one thing I like about all the guides out there is that they say you should get involved in the community in your niche, this I find is one of the best things to do.

I do all the other things the guides say but for me the best things to do is to keep your blog focussed and be part of the community you should know about, forums other blogs, leading site in your niche.

And now I'm going to pass out.

No comments: