Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Criteo AutoRoll after a month of use

I have had the Criteo AutoRoll Widget on four of my blogs, including this one, for about a month now and thought it would be time write a little more about the service, you can read my first post about Criteo Here.

"Criteo AutoRoll is a blog widget that displays links to blogs that your readers should like. Based on each unique reader's affinity for each specific blog." Criteo FaQ

Eventually the links will build up into a fairly targeted list, so far though I have seen pretty varied results, for the most part the links displayed are related to my various blogs topics, but I do get a few random blogs, I think this is mostly dew to there not being a huge user base yet, I think there is about 4000 registered users and in the blog scheme of things that's not a big amount, with more users I think that the results for more related sites would go up.

What kind of traffic have my blogs received from using the autoroll? Well it has varied throughout and I think it depends what kind of blogs are serving your link and where they have the widget installed. I have noticed that the blogs linking to each specific one of my blogs are very similar in stature, small blogs are linked to by small blogs and big blogs are link to by big blogs.
My Paranormal Life has had the most traffic from the autoroll and the autoroll stats show that I have received 22 hits and sent out 4 referrals for the month of May, the link for MPL has had 81369 impressions shown on other blogs.

Not huge traffic received, but with only about 4000 users I'd expect it to be like this. I think that when the user base increases the results could be a lot more spectacular, serving up more related blogs, bigger blogs and increasing traffic. Still more traffic than I receive from MyBlogLog and Blogcatalog though, probably dew to me not being very active on those sites, autoroll requires no effort, install it and forget it.

3 comments:

Aura said...

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Another great site you have here Rand!!! I am a stay at home mom and trying to make money while writing about the subject I love. I am starting to see profit with adsense on my site but it is only pocket change. The tips you provide here are great!

My Paranormal Life said...

No problem, I think working on this blog is hurting My Paranormal Life, I'm not keeping up with the paranormal news, but I think once everything is setup (I really need to set a date), I'll be able to concentrate on content creation and just posting.

My online income is gonna give me a nice christmas holiday if it continues how it is.

Just a note, I desabled the nofollow things on the template for this blog, so if you leave another comment here use the "other" option, add your link and anchor text and it should help as a backlink to your site in google.

Not to sure if it is working yet though

Brandon Watts said...

Thanks for documenting your experience with AutoRoll. Just like you said, as the user base continues to grow, so will the results.

With that said, I am glad to hear that AutoRoll has given you more traffic than either MyBlogLog or BlogCatalog!

Brandon Watts
Criteo Evangelist