Monday, October 08, 2007

Trying out WidgetBucks


Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!


After reading about Widgetbucks a little I decided to signup and give it a try, mostly because I saw a few screenshots of earnings and it looked like they were making a pretty good amount.

So with the outlook being that of milk and honey I signed up and added the widget to a few of my blogs, they have a few different ad unit sizes you can use which should fit into most blogs, they also let you choose if you want the unit to show contextual ads or you can choose what category of ads you want displayed, so far the contextual option doesn't seem to be showing anything related to my blogs, but it may take time to build up or something.

It's a PPC system, so you get cash each time someone clicks on the units. They pay through paypal or check about a month after the previous months earnings with a minimum payout of $50, though you get a $25 bonus yourself just for signing up, so your half way there.

They also have a referral program where if you send referrals you get 10% of what they earn for a whole year.

I only started with widgetbucks last night, took me about ten minutes to set everything up, very easy implementation and the ad units look pretty snazzy to, though for me the widgetbucks site is pretty slow, I'm also not liking the way the stats are updated and from what I've read it takes awhile, so it seems like I'm going to have to wait a few days before I get a good picture of if it's working out for me.

Worth a try just to see if it could be a good alternative to some of the other PPC programs out there, I'll post again once It's run its course a little more.

2 comments:

Randy said...

I've never heard of Widget Bucks, but thanks for the tip... I'll be passing this information along to a friend who actually runs a blog all about widgets. Might be a good addition for him.

Blogger said...

If you're looking for a reputable contextual advertising company, I suggest you take a look at Chitika.