Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Paid to search deal

I just signed up to the best of my knowledge a pretty newish paid the search program called "My Search Funds", now they say they're partnered with Ask.com so it seems pretty reliable, but I think the program is to new to see any proof of payments.

So here's the deal, when you sign up you're asked to install a browser add-on which replaces the search box in you internet browser, when you use this search box it counts your searches which in return earn you a few cents per search (well pence I think they call it, British money). That's all you have to do, use the search box for your daily searches and earn cash, the search results are provided by Ask.com.

I've been using it a few days now, doing my routine searches, a couple dozen searches in total and have made pretty good earnings, works out to a couple NZ dollars. I've worked out that if I just use it for my daily searches I should make 20 quid a month from what I've seen so far, that's about 60 bucks NZ cash.

The only problem now is if they pay, haven't seen any proof of payments, but that's probably due to the long wait periods and the program being pretty new.

UPDATE: Earnings are calculated on My Search Funds once a day, so you'll have to wait until the daily update to see how much your searches have earned you.

There have been rumblings of payments been made, but I'm guessing that because the user base may still be small and not a lot of people are eligible for payment yet due to the age of the program not a lot of people have been posting "proof of payments" online.

Though on the other end, I haven't seen anything about people not getting payed.

My guess is that by April 15, the next payment period, the user base will be enough that people will be on a rush to post their "proof of payments" online or shout "they don't pay".

So it's still early days and I'm going to keep using it, well because 100 searches is equal to a couple pounds in earnings and that ain't bad at all, that's about 6 bucks NZ money.

17 comments:

David Williams said...

Oh god! You are so true Eric. A similar kind of thing happened with me too. Even I tried to work on the searches. But till date I'm in vain.

Your Online Guide said...

I joined SlashMySearch few months ago, after earning more than 50 bucks, I asked for payment only to find out it was scam. I was so disappointed with Get paid to search after that. Thanks for sharing this another paid to search program, but I am not yet ready to invest my time now, inform me once it's legit and you've been paid so I will join too ;D

Pollydot said...

You certainly have some different stuff on your blog. I hope that you get payment - read on one blog that someone was able to give up his job for what he earnt off his blog - but that sounds too good to be true - don't you think?

Clip said...

I don't know if I'm going to able to reach payment with this program for awhile, I keep forgetting to use the search box for my searches.

But I'm sure if payments start going out we'll hear about it or not, I'll update when I hear anything new.

I really think it's possible to quit your day job through blogging, it takes a lot of work though.

new zealand tourism said...

I wish being paid to search really paid! I would make a fortune!!
I am curious to see if this works out for you and if they actually pay.

hair straightener iron said...

So how has this been working out for you? Will there be an update on the blog about it? Or is it not even worth that?

Clip said...

I haven't really run with this services, mainly because I forget to use the search box.

I'm also a google man myself and I never really got used to ask.com, though they did change it to google for awhile and now it seems they use yahoo search.

My guess is to get in quick if you want to make a little extra cash, I feel they may go the way of the dodo at some point.

hank freid said...

This is really good article about My search funds. So i will think about later. Current i use google for searching.

cats as pet said...

Its beautiful post. So i like this post. Keep it up

Heather said...

this is great news, hadn't heard of this yet. thanks!

PMI Certifications said...

Great post, thanks.

Home Lighting said...

Its a great news, thanks.

Shyamsundar said...

Really a great post& good news.thanks for tkis post.yeast infection

small business logo design said...

Your blog is pretty good and impressed me a lot. This article along with the images is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic.

business logos design | website logo design

Deal or No deal Game said...

Your blog is very good.So it's still early days and I'm going to keep using it

Anonymous said...

I don,t know how those sites that are scamming people can still be in business. Poor people, clicking their way to $$ and then at the end there is nothing...

Promoting Articles

prettul said...

Earn money sitting at home at the expense of searching, this is a great business. If the scheme works and the truth it's just a treasure for the average user network.